Snowdonia Overnight Expedition // 19 - 21 July, ~ £207
Snowdonia National Park is the home of Welsh mountaineering.
With its rugged mountains, craggy faces, and rocky ridges, it is the perfect playground for a weekend of hiking and wild camping with likeminded women. You'll leave invigorated, having explored some more remote areas that you might not necessarily venture to alone. You'll have made some new friends. AND you'll have learnt some new skills to equip you for future hill walking and wild camping adventures!
Friday 19 July, 6pm: meet at a bunkhouse close to the National Park, provided by JT Expeditions. Exact location TBC closer to course date. After the meet + greets, we'll head to a local pub or restaurant for a team meal and expedition briefing.
Saturday 20 July: Day 1 of our trek begins! We'll be covering approximately 18 kilometres through hill and mountain terrain.
Sunday 21 July: We'll hike another 15 kilometres today to finish off the weekend.
This expedition is AUD 390 ~ £209
- Guiding & Instruction with a Mountain Leader qualified (minimum instructor)
- Friday night basic bunkhouse accommodation
- All trekking food (2x breakfast, 2x lunches, 1x dinner, snacks)
- Public liability, professional indemnity and employers liability insurance
- Risk assessments emergency procedures
- Taxi transfers to walk start point and back from the finish point
- Transport to and from Snowdonia
- Friday night meal
- Personal accident and cancellation insurance
- Personal equipment and clothing
Throughout the weekend, you'll be learning backcountry skills so that you can continue exploring with confidence long after!
The aim is to equip you with knowledge and ability to head out on your own and with friends, without having to always spend money on guides.
Here are some of the skills you'll be taught:
- Route selection catering for suitable wild camp spots
- Selecting suitable wild camp spots and the factors to consider
- Tent and equipment selection and the varying options
- Expedition food options
- Lightweight snacking options
- Contour interpretation
- Distances and timings
- Using a compass and direction
- Taking into consideration route options
- Mountain Rescue
- Safety equipment worth considering
In the event of bad weather, we will aim to re-organise the event.
If you're unable to make the new date it we will offer you a full refund.
No refund on tickets on cancellations 7 days out from the event.
No refunds on no shows.