Women's Top-Rope Climbing in the Outdoors // 27th Oct - $120
Join us for a day of top-rope climbing in the outdoors, led by Melbourne Climbing School. Get a taste of real rock and learn some technique tricks + tips from a nationally qualified climbing guide.
Schedule, Meeting Point + Facilities
9am - meet at Ironbark Gorge Track Car Park (click for map)
This is a 1 hour drive from Melbourne CBD.
We will then follow the walking track for less than 40 minutes to arrive at Falcon's Lookout. There are boardwalks and stairs. It typically takes 25 minutes though the signpost states 40 minutes.
Falcon's Lookout is a clean, vertical cliff face, boasting a collection of 67 climbs of all skill levels - there will be something for everyone!
Please note: there are no facilities at the cliff. There are no toilets; the bush is your only option! Bacchus Marsh is the last stop with facilities, cafés and shops.
3pm - we aim to pack up at 3pm so you can expect to be leaving the carpark at 4pm
So Who Is This Day For?
This is for any woman with no or little experience with climbing, both indoors and outdoors.
The aim of this day is for you to:
- get a taste of climbing on real rock
- walk away with key tips and pointers to climb efficiently, both indoors and outdoors
- meet likeminded women with whom you can continue on adventuring!
- 1-day top-rope rock climbing
- Guiding + movement coaching from Aaron Lowndes, owner of Melbourne Climbing School, who holds Australian Climbing Instructors Association qualifications and has 21+ years of rock climbing experience
- ALL climbing equipment provided
What's Not Included?
- Transport to + from meeting point
- Personal clothing + insurance
- Food + water
In the event of bad weather, we will aim to re-organise the event.
If you're unable to make the new date it we will offer you a full refund.
No refund on tickets on cancellations 7 days out from the event.