Women's Introduction to Rock Climbing // 21st July - $275
Join us for an introduction to rock climbing in the beautiful Blue Mountains, in partnership with Australia's leading adventure company, the Australian School of Mountaineering.
This course will give you the fun and thrill of vertical rock with maximum amount of climbing interspersed with invaluable instruction to help you along the way, and equip you for all your future climbing endeavours.
This is for ANY woman who has never climbed before, or who has climbed indoors and is ready to get her hands on real rock!
How The Day Goes:
At 8.45am, we meet at the Australian School of Mountaineering Office inside The Paddy Pallin Adventure Centre, 166 Katoomba Street, Katoomba (2-minute walk from Katoomba train station).
The course will cover:
- Safety on the rock
- Climbing equipment and its use
- Correct belaying technique
- Efficient climbing techniques including footholds and handholds
We'll finish up at 5pm.
If you are travelling from Sydney to Katoomba, allow 2 hours by train or 1.5 hours by car.
The Australian School of Mountaineering Office is inside The Paddy Pallin Adventure Centre:
166 Katoomba Street
It is a 2-minute walk from the train station.
- This activity is designed for those with little or no previous experience - so all you really need...is a keen sense of adventure!
- Time: 8.45am - 5pm
- An exciting introduction to rock climbing amongst a class of likeminded women :) you'll be making plenty new friends to keep on advancing your climbing skills with!
- Lunch - when you book, we will ask you for your dietary requirements
- ASM's Nationally Qualified & Highly Experienced Guides
- All technical equipment is provided by ASM - harnesses, helmets and ropes etc. If you have your own specialist equipment such as climbing shoes & wish to use them, then feel free to bring it them along.
- Personal clothing - we'll send you an information sheet detailing specific clothing and dress requirements but don't worry, it won't be anything you don't already have! All specialist equipment will be provided by ASM.
- Personal insurance
- Travel to and from location
If you have any concerns about the day, feel free to ring the ASM office on 4782 2014.
In the event of bad weather, we will aim to re-organise the event.
If you're unable to make the new date it we will offer you a full refund.
No refund on tickets on cancellations 7 days out from the event.