Women's Juggler Canyoning Adventure // 14th July - $275
Join us for a thrilling winter canyoning adventure in the Blue Mountains, in partnership with Australia's leading adventure company, the Australian School of Mountaineering.
How The Day Goes:
At 8.45am, we meet at the Australian School of Mountaineering Office inside The Paddy Pallin Adventure Centre, 166 Katoomba Street Katoomba (2-minute walk from Katoomba train station).
We first focus on our abseiling skills with several short practice abseils and then move up to some higher challenges.
Then, we get to the main event - Juggler Canyon. This canyon is unique in that the water is relatively shallow so you can generally avoid getting wet, making it the ideal winter canyon.
Our exit from the canyon will include a section of the famous Grand Canyon Walk - one of the most beautiful, scenic walks in the Blue Mountains. We finish up at 4.30pm.
If you are travelling from Sydney to Katoomba, allow 2 hours by train or 1.5 hours by car.
The Australian School of Mountaineering Office is inside The Paddy Pallin Adventure Centre:
166 Katoomba Street
It is a 2-minute walk from the train station.
- Technical Grade: Easy
- Fitness Grade: Easy/Medium
- Uphill walking: Several short uphill walks between abseils and 1 hour uphill at the end to exit the canyon
- Time: 8.45am - 4.30pm
- An exciting introduction to canyoning amongst a class of likeminded women :)
- Lunch - when you book, we will ask you for your dietary requirements
- ASM's Nationally Qualified & Highly Experienced Guides
- All technical abseiling and canyoning equipment is provided by ASM - wetsuits, dry-bags, canyon packs, harnesses, helmets and ropes etc. If you have your own specialist equipment such as harnesses and wetsuits and wish to use them then feel free to bring it them along.
- Personal clothing - we'll send you an information sheet detailing specific clothing and dress requirements but don't worry, it won't be anything you don't already have! All specialist equipment will be provided by ASM.
- Personal insurance
- Travel to and from location
Feel free to bring your camera but PLEASE NOTE most canyons are VERY WET places and so special precautions are required.
Though ASM supply participants with purposemade dry bags to help keep general equipment, clothing and food dry, they should not to be relied upon to keep your camera gear safe.
While your guide will readily assist you to obtain those “once in a lifetime” shots, the guide is not responsible for the safety of your camera equipment.
We recommend the following; disposable cameras in double plastic bags, waterproof disposable cameras (you can purchase these at the ASM Office), waterproof dive cameras (lightweight ones), conventional cameras in purpose made waterproof boxes or bags and a small hand towel to dry your hands before use.
If you have any concerns about the day, feel free to ring the ASM office on 4782 2014.
In the event of bad weather, we will aim to re-organise the event.
If you're unable to make the new date it we will offer you a full refund.
No refund on tickets on cancellations 7 days out from the event.