Beginner's Climb + Abseil Workshop // 6 July - £54
Come climb on real rock at Avon Gorge where you can get that iconic photograph with the Suspension Bridge in the background!
Throughout the day, you will learn the important rock climbing basic skills such as belaying, tying into the rope, climbing technique and safe descent.
Our aim is to teach you the skills required to climb safely, both indoors + outdoors, so that you can continue to enjoy rock climbing recreationally and for physical training.
How the day goes:
We meet at 9am in Avon Gorge where we’ll welcome everyone (and have hot drinks available) before starting with a safety brief and kit fitting.
We’ll then cover the following skills which will usually take us up to around 1230pm:
- Fitting harnesses and helmets
- Tying into the rope
- Belaying and associated techniques
- Hold a climber fall
- Lowering off as a climber and belayer
- Climbing technique
- Fear and adrenaline controlling techniques for climbing
As well as a bunch of other tips and tricks!
We then have a quick break whilst the instructors re-rig for the abseil. This is roughly 27 metres high, we’ll cover all the necessary skills and techniques required to abseil safely. An epic finish to the day!
This expedition is AUD 100 ~ £54
- All personal protection and climbing equipment (except for rock climbing shoes)
- Public liability, professional indemnity and employers liability insurance
- Risk assessments and EOP’s
- Qualified instructor/s (minimum Single Pitch Award and 16 hour First Aid)
- Hot drinks in the morning on arrival
- Photos of everyone from the day :)
- Transport to and from Avon Gorge
In the event of bad weather, we will aim to re-organise the event.
If you're unable to make the new date it we will offer you a full refund.
No refund on tickets on cancellations 7 days out from the event.
No refunds on no shows.