Women's Wilderness Abseil Canyon
Join us on this exciting day of canyoning! Jump, swim and abseil your way through the Blue Mountains!
Serendipity is a beautiful canyon where you're likely to see some freshwater yabbies, birdlife, plants, cool fungi, and some amazing rock formations.
This is our recommended trip for those looking to get their first experience in a Wilderness Abseil Canyon. The canyon involves up to four short but exciting abseils, an optional water jump and some short swims. This is a great canyon for those that have never canyoned before but have outdoor experience, fitness and a keen sense of adventure.
This trip finishes on the Wollangambe river- A spectacular wide canyon deep in the wilderness beyond Mt Wilson.
Our qualified guide will talk you through the abseiling instructions before you start, so you'll feel safe and prepared so you can enjoy the rest of the day!
Bring your friends or you're welcome to come on your own, you won't be the only one!
- Good fitness is recommended for this canyon
- Previous Abseiling experience is recommended though just being comfortable with heights is also fine
- Technical Grade: Medium
- Fitness Grade: Medium
- Uphill walking: 1.5 Hrs
- Time: 7.45am - 4pm
- Meeting Time: 7.45am
- Meeting Location: Australian School of Mountaineering Office, 166B Katoomba Street, Katoomba
- Maximum numbers: 7
- Difficulty: Best for those who have abseiling experince before or comfertable with heights
- Optional extra water jump and short swims
- Requirements: Moderate level of fitness, good general health, comfortable in water
What to bring:
- 2 litres of water
- Swimmers to wear under clothes
- Durable older clothing. Dress weather appropriately
- Runners that you're happy to get wet
- Camera (optional, brought at your own risk)
- Change of Clothing
- Change of footwear
- Lunch (Veggo, Vegan and GF available)
- Licenced Guide
- All safety and technical equipment
Time to say YES to new adventures this summer!
Get in contact with us if you have any questions firstname.lastname@example.org