- The Grand View Hotel, carpark. 174 Great Western Highway, Wentworth Falls. We will do some car and people shuffling from this point.
- Meeting time: 8.30am
- Finish time: Approximately 4pm
- Finish place: The Grand View Hotel, carpark.
- Cost: $464.20 inc booking fee & taxes
This two day walk into a beautiful valley location provides stunning views across the Blue Mountains escarpments.
The hike is memorable for its amazing bushwalkers path which takes us along the cliff edge through open heathland and casuarina forest and then descends a very steep ravine, eventually bringing us to a valley teeming with wildlife.
Overnight camp is in the heart of the Jamison Valley wilderness by the Kedumba River where there are always mobs of kangaroos grazing and native birds in abundance and we can relax by the glow of a warm fire.
On the second day we travel 9kms through coachwood forest and rainforest before reaching the top of the valley, this takes approximately 4-5 hours including a stop for lunch. A truly stunning hike which allows you to escape the busy-ness of life and reconnect with the bush, yourself and other like minded women ready to share an adventure.
Adventure skills you will gain:
- Learn how to pack a hiking pac
- Learn how to properly fit a hiking pack
- Learn how to walk safely in the bush
- Learn some basic navigation techniques
- Knowledge needed to set up a safe campsite
- Maintaining hygiene in the bush
- Using camp stoves and cooking in the bush
- Fire lighting and fire safety
Experiences you will share and take away with you:
- Learn about the unique flora, fauna and geology of the area
- Connect with nature, yourself and others away from the hustle and bustle of life
- Incredible views
- Walk with like minded women and form new friendships
- Swim in a lovely river (if you can brave the cold, we know you can!)
- Camp in a remote campsite with wild kangaroos and wallabies (and maybe wild horses/brumbies)
- Enjoy the warm glow of a campfire and a night sky full of stars
Pay in 4 instalments. AUD $116.05 is due up front. The remaining instalments will be automatically charged to your card on the following schedule: 25/04/2017, 16/05/2017, 30/05/2017. You will be sent an email prior to each automatic charge and notified if any charges fail to process.
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping bag inner sheet
- Sleeping mat – basic closed cell foam mat
- Tent – one or two person tent
- Water bottles – 2 x 1 litre bottles
- All meals – delicious and nutritious
- Snacks – a good variety
- First aid and excellent safety response network
- Passionate local and experienced female guides
NB - We can provide 60-75ltr hiking backpacks, however we do recommend that if people have their own 60-75 ltr backpack that they bring them.
Hiker to bring:
- Shoes / boots which are comfortable and can get wet and muddy
- One litre water bottle (minimum)
- Waterproof raincoat
- Sunhat and sunscreen
- Warm jumper
- Long pants to walk in
- Long sleeved shirt to walk in
- Change of socks / underwear
- A warm hat - Beanie
- Headtorch (or hand held torch) and spare batteries
- Personal medication require
- A couple of garbage bags (water proofing)
- Very basic toiletries (no soaps)
- Thermal top and bottom
- Lightweight shoes to wear in camp (crocs/tevas)
- Change of long sleeved shirt
- Insect repellant