- Katoomba train station carpark
- Meeting time: 8.30am
- Finish time: Approximately 4pm
- Finish place: Jenolan Caves and then transported back to Katoomba.
- Cost: $720.45pp (Includes fees & taxes // payment plan available)
This three-day hike along the Iconic 6 foot track provides an opportunity to walk this beautiful trail in a supported format – you don’t need to carry a full hiking pack or set up camp after a big day of walking.
We walk the original bridal trail cut by the first settlers of the area. This classic walk takes you from Katoomba to Jenolan Caves via a historic horse route. The walk travels mainly along well-maintained service tracks and explores Nellie's Glen, Megalong Valley, Cox's River, Black Range, and Jenolan.
The first day we descend from Nellies Glen into the Megalong Valley and over the Bowtell's Bridge to the Cox's River. We stay the night in the basic but lovely Eco-Lodge on the first night and have a tasty meal cooked for us.
After breakfast at the lodge we then begin the steep ascent up the track to the Black Range - this is a long and arduous 18km trail which feels amazing when you reach the accomodation. From here you will be transported to a nearby local pub for dinner and a basic room to sleep off the challenges of the day.
The final day we walk the final 10kms to the Jenolan Caves and are then transported back to Katoomba. This is a well trodden trail and a good introduction for those who wish to push themselves physically, walk an iconic trail (without carrying a full pack!) and have a few more creature comforts - such as a bed and dinners provided in basic accommodation.
The price of your adventures includes:
- 2 nights basic but comfortable bunk style accommodation
- All meals – with locally sourced ingredients where possible
- All snacks – great variety
- Hot and cold drinks
- Use of Blue Mountains Guides gear if required
- Transport within the Blue Mountains and from Jenolan Caves to Katoomba at the end of the hike
- Transportation of your personal bag to your accommodation on Night 2.
Experiences you will share and take away with you:
- Learn how to walk safely in the bush
- Learn some basic navigation technique
- Walk a truly iconic route with like minded women
- An unforgettable experience
- Stay in very Australian accommodations with a remote flavour
- Learn about the unique flora, fauna and geology of the area
- Incredible views
- Swim in a lovely river (if you can brave it, we know you can!)
- Day pack if required
- Water bottles – 2 x 1 litre bottles
- All meals – delicious and nutritious
- Snacks – a good variety
- First aid and excellent safety response network
- Passionate local and experienced female guides
Hiker to bring:
- Shoes / boots which are comfortable and can get wet and muddy
- One litre water bottle (minimum)
- Waterproof raincoat
- Sunhat and sunscreen
- Warm jumper
- Long pants to walk in
- Long sleeved shirt to walk in
- Change of socks / underwear
- A warm hat - Beanie
- Headtorch (or hand held torch) and spare batterie
- Personal medication required
- A couple of garbage bags (water proofing)
- Very basic toiletries (no soaps)
- Thermal top and bottom
- A change of shoes (runners/trainers)
- Change of long sleeved shirt
- Insect repellant
PLEASE NOTE: Walkers will carry the basics in a daypack on Day 1 – raincoat, lunch, snacks, jumper, water, basic toiletries, change of shirt to sleep in, beanie, change of underwear, personal medication. Hikers will be able to access their other bags on night 2 at their accommodation where personal bags can be transported.