- Katoomba train station carpark
- Meeting time: 8.30am
- Finish time: Approximately 4pm
- Finish place: Jenolan Caves and then transported back to Katoomba.
- Cost: $735pp (Includes fees & taxes // payment plan available)
This three-day hike along the Iconic 6 foot track provides an opportunity to walk this beautiful trail in a supported format – you don’t need to carry a full hiking pack or set up camp after a big day of walking. We walk the original bridal trail cut by the first settlers of the area. This classic walk takes you from Katoomba to Jenolan Caves via a historic horse route. The walk travels mainly along well-maintained service tracks and explores Nellie's Glen, Megalong Valley, Cox's River, Black Range, and Jenolan.
The first day we descend from Nellies Glen into the Megalong Valley and over the Bowtell's Bridge to the Cox's River for 15kms. We stay the night in the bunk rooms of the basic but lovely Eco-Lodge on the first night and have a tasty meal cooked for us.
After breakfast at the lodge we then begin the steep ascent up the track to the Black Range - this is a long and arduous 20km trail which feels amazing when you reach the campsite. From here you will be transported to a nearby local pub for dinner and a basic bunk room to sleep off the challenges of the day.
The final day we walk the final 10kms to the Jenolan Caves and are then transported back to Katoomba. This is a well trodden trail and a good introduction for those who wish to push themselves physically, walk an iconic trail (without carrying a full pack!) and have a few more creature comforts - such as a bed and dinners provided in basic accommodation.
The price of your adventures includes:
- 2 nights basic but comfortable bunk style accommodation
- All meals – with locally sourced ingredients where possible
- All snacks – great variety
- Hot and cold drinks
- Use of Blue Mountains Guides gear if required
- Transport within the Blue Mountains and from Jenolan Caves to Katoomba at the end of the hike
- Transportation of your personal bag to your accommodation on both evenings.
Experiences you will share and take away with you:
- Learn how to walk safely in the bush
- Walk a truly iconic route with like minded women
- An unforgettable experience
- Stay in very Australian accommodations with a remote flavour
- Learn about the unique flora, fauna and geology of the area
- Incredible views
- Swim in a lovely river (if you can brave it!)
- Day pack if required
- Water bottles – 2 x 1 litre bottles
- All meals – delicious and nutritious (2 dinners, 3 lunches, 2 breakfasts)
- Snacks – plentiful and a good variety
- First aid and excellent safety response network
- Passionate local and experienced female guides
Hiker to bring: Essential:
- DAYPACK – NEEDED TO CARRY EACH DAY. Approx. 25ltr daypack to fit lunch, raincoat, light jumper, snacks, water, personal medication. Ideally a daypack with a hip / waist belt for support.
- Waterproof raincoat
- Sunhat and sunscreen
- Shoes / boots which are comfortable and can get wet and muddy
- 2 x litre water bottle (minimum)– camelback/drinking bladder if you have one
- Warm jumper / jacket for the evenings
- 1 x Long pants to walk in and 1 x spare
- 1 x Long sleeved shirt to walk in and 1 x spare
- Change of socks / underwear
- A change of shoes (runners/trainers) – feet may be wet after creek crossings
- A warm hat - Beanie
- Headtorch (or hand held torch) and spare batteries
- Personal medication required
- A couple of garbage bags (water proofing)
- Very basic toiletries
- A towel
- Thermal top and bottom
- Insect repellant
- Walking poles (if you have them – handy for the up and downhill sections).
PLEASE NOTE: Walkers will carry the basics in a daypack on each day – raincoat, lunch, snacks, light jumper, water, camera, personal medication. Hikers will be able to access their other bags each night at their accommodation where personal bags will be transported. Ensure you have basic toiletries, extra warm clothes, pyjamas, beanie, change of underwear / socks, towel left in your personal bag.
Please don’t leave any valuables in your personal bags as we cannot guarantee the safety of these items as they will be in a 4WD / mini bus for transport.