A two day wilderness course that teaches participants essential outdoor skills – the ability to travel through the bush, the hills and mountains using a map, compass and navigation skills.
This is an informative, adventurous and very practical outdoor experience suitable for complete beginners or those with some prior experience. Learn all about navigation, orienteering, using maps, compasses, GPS and emergency methods using the sun and stars. Fully qualified Instructors will show the way & ensure that at the end of this course you will know your own way!
This course will teach you the necessary skills required to:
- Navigate on & off track with a map & compass
- Understand the features of topographic maps
- Use & maintain an orienteering compass
- Understand the Global Positioning System and use GPS devices
- Plan and prepare for off track walking
- A keen sense of Adventure!
- Bushwalking experience advantageous but not necessary!
- Australia's most experienced Adventure Guiding & Outdoor Training Specialists
- Nationally Qualified & Highly Experienced Guides
- All Technical Equipment
- Delicious & Nutritious Lunches
- Transport from and back to our office
What to bring:
- 2 litres of water
- Suitable hiking clothing
- Raincoat if necesary
- Day Pack
- Any additional snacks
THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE ACCOMODATION. YOU WILL RETURN TO THE OFFICE FOR THE SECOND DAY AT 8.45AM
Local guesthouses, campsites and air bnb's are available in the area. We will be contacting all attendees before the event to see if anyone would like to come camping with us during this weekend.
For anymore information please get in touch with us firstname.lastname@example.org