WOMENS OCEAN RACING YACHT EXPERIENCE – SYDNEY HARBOUR
October 14th - 9:00am – 4:00pm - $480 (payment plan available)
Experience for yourself what it feels like to sail an ocean racing yacht in the iconic Sydney harbour.
This is a unique opportunity to sail an ocean racing yacht that has not only completed four circumnavigations in the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race but also sailed from the UK to Sydney and taken part in four Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Races.
On board you’ll be joined by 11 fellow She Went Wild adventurous women and be led and coached to sail the yacht by our three professional crew. Get a taste of the adventure and be taught the skills in safe hands as our professionals have trained hundreds of our Clipper Race crew to sail round the world.
Meeting Place & Starting Time (9:00am)
Yacht Location: Cruising Yacht Club of Australia1 New Beach Road, Darling Point, NSW 2027
Equipment/ Clothing Requirements
Wet weather gear and lifejackets are provided on board the yachts for your use.
WHAT TO BRING
- FOOTWEAR: Deck shoes are ideal however if you do not have these then light soled, non-marking trainers are fine
- TROUSERS: Hard wearing trousers that dry easily (not jeans)
- JUMPER: A pullover or fleece (woolly jumpers absorb water and stay wet so are not recommended)
- T – SHIRT: A t-shirt or similar (synthetic not cotton are best – most ‘thermal’ clothing is synthetic, long sleeved t-shirts are also useful
- HEADWEAR: A cap and a woolly hat. Buffs and/or headband are also helpful.
- GLOVES: Sailing gloves are ideal to protect your hand’s, but workout/cycling gloves also work well.
- SUNGLASSES AND SUNSCREEN
- LIGHT WEIGHT JACKET that is water and wind proof is also recommended.
We provide wet weather trousers and jackets however these are designed for offshore conditions. Temperatures can drop noticeably when you are on the water, even in summer. Therefore, please ensure you bring adequate warm clothing all packed in a soft bag.
Cameras & Sailing Photography
A few important points are worth noting; yachts can be VERY WET places and so special precautions are required when using camera equipment on board. Bags and belongings will be kept safely below decks but if you are bringing a camera/phones etc unless these are waterproof it is recommended they are not used unless alongside or when not actively sailing. Your crew will be able to advise when it is suitable. If you are bringing a waterproof camera it is highly advisable you have some way of attaching it to your person (not around your neck) to avoid losing it over the side of the yacht.
Our yachts have hundreds of thousands of miles under their hulls and have seen all that mother nature can throw at them, however we want you to have an enjoyable experience and therefore should the conditions be deemed unsafe in the harbour we would postpone the weekend.
· Breakfast ashore is provided where you will meet your professional crew and fellow crew mates.
· A racing lunch is provided on board, with hot and cold drinks available all day.