Pan Fried Gnocchi
Prep Time: 45 mins to prepare at camp.
Serves : 1
Packed weight: 145g (does not include cheese or olive oil)
- 2 tsp powdered milk
- 1/2 tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup deb potato (instant potato flakes)
- 3/4 tbsp. powdered egg
- 35g plain flour (just under 1/4 cup)
- 1 handful (about 20g) dehydrated veggies (e.g. pumpkin, capsicum, mushroom, onion)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Olive oil for frying
Pre Prep at Home
- Pack milk, butter, deb potato separately.
- Pack powdered egg and flour together.
- Pack veggies, oregano and garlic together.
- Pack other ingredients separately.
What To Do At Camp
- Rehydrate veggies in bag and set aside.
- Make up powdered milk to 1/4 cup milk.
- Boil milk and butter over low heat.
- Add potato flakes while stirring (the result should be a very dry potato mixture that has a crumbly texture). Set aside to cool.
- Once the potato mixture is cool enough to touch, combine the flour/powdered eggs and potatoes.
- Knead until the dough comes together.
- Pull small sections of dough off and roll in hands into gnocchi sized balls.
- Boil 2 cups of water and salt to taste.
- Add gnocchi to the boiling water, and cover with the lid.
- Cook for 2 mins with lid on and gnocchi will rise to the top and be cooked.
- Skim them off the top of the water and then fry in frypan with other ingredients.
- Serve sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese.
Follow more delicious camping recipes from Claire on : www.addictedtohiking.com.au
It’s almost like a natural evolution; to go from hiking and backpacking to climbing and mountaineering. But where do you even start? If you don’t have anyone to guide you, an Introductory Mountaineering course is the perfect way to lay a solid foundation, as SWW’s Marketing + Events Coordinator, Thuc Do, found out…
Planning on trekking to Everest Base Camp? From Lukla to EBC and then back, the entire journey makes up approximately 136 km in distance and 3 km in elevation in just two weeks. The idea is to strip down to absolute essentials, but still have the right gear on you while not breaking the bank. Through first-hand experience, tried and tested, here is a complete breakdown of a two-week EBC packing list.
The trek to Everest Base Camp is the ultimate bucket-list experience for any outdoor lover. But before you jump on the EBC bandwagon, I’m here to set the record straight. Behind the Instagram filters and over-staged captions, I’m pulling back the veil to reveal some of my expectations pre-trip versus the realities of it all. Hashtag No Filter.
It is estimated that 3 out of 4 porters in 2018 may still be paid less than minimum wage, fed less than 3 meals a day or have inadequate sleeping conditions. The work that KPAP are doing around educating the public on the importance of choosing KPAP-approved partner companies is beginning to gain traction. But the journey has just begun.
Not just another f***king legging brand...Mister Timbuktu is here to make sure you're supported + looking good in the outdoors whilst contributing to positive change.
Voted as the 'Best International Event' at the 2017 Running Awards, the Sierra Leone Marathon is not just a one-day affair, but a five-day African adventure. Street Child and She WWW sent Leanna Gater from Wild Films to document the 2018 Sierra Leone Marathon…
We met Rhea Schempp at a meet up at Nomad Bouldering Gym in Sydney and when we found out she was heading to the World Ultimate Club Championships for ULTIMATE FRISBEE, we had to hear more...
Enter the chance to win over AUD 440 worth of XTM winter gear!
Don't retreat into your hidey hole this winter! The crisp mountain air, magic light, hot chocolate + marshmallows (or whisky + chocolate, depending on how you roll) by the campfire are all calling your name.
I know, I know...but what if you freeze?
Luckily, XTM Performance have just the gear to keep you warm so you can keep on exploring
The vision of Plastic Free July is a world without plastic waste. I don't know if this is wholly possible or not but it's impossible for me to turn a blind eye and do nothing. Here are 7 changes that I have actually made in the last 12-18 months to reduce my plastic pollution.