Pan Fried Gnocchi
Prep Time: 45 mins to prepare at camp.
Serves : 1
Packed weight: 145g (does not include cheese or olive oil)
- 2 tsp powdered milk
- 1/2 tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup deb potato (instant potato flakes)
- 3/4 tbsp. powdered egg
- 35g plain flour (just under 1/4 cup)
- 1 handful (about 20g) dehydrated veggies (e.g. pumpkin, capsicum, mushroom, onion)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Olive oil for frying
Pre Prep at Home
- Pack milk, butter, deb potato separately.
- Pack powdered egg and flour together.
- Pack veggies, oregano and garlic together.
- Pack other ingredients separately.
What To Do At Camp
- Rehydrate veggies in bag and set aside.
- Make up powdered milk to 1/4 cup milk.
- Boil milk and butter over low heat.
- Add potato flakes while stirring (the result should be a very dry potato mixture that has a crumbly texture). Set aside to cool.
- Once the potato mixture is cool enough to touch, combine the flour/powdered eggs and potatoes.
- Knead until the dough comes together.
- Pull small sections of dough off and roll in hands into gnocchi sized balls.
- Boil 2 cups of water and salt to taste.
- Add gnocchi to the boiling water, and cover with the lid.
- Cook for 2 mins with lid on and gnocchi will rise to the top and be cooked.
- Skim them off the top of the water and then fry in frypan with other ingredients.
- Serve sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese.
Follow more delicious camping recipes from Claire on : www.addictedtohiking.com.au
NEW ZEALAND. World-famous for stunning scenery, people with a cracking sense of humour, adventures galore, good food and coffee…and lots of sheep. What does 7 days in the South Island look like?
Women’s-specific gear…fad or fact? Is there any grounds to having a women’s-specific backpack, sleeping bag or mat?
If you’re heading to the west coast of Ireland and you need something to do in-between pub visits…add this stunning half-day hike up Ireland’s holiest mountain, Croagh Patrick, to your list!
A BCD (buoyancy compensator or buoyancy control device) or stab jacket is one of the three key pieces of equipment that make up the basic scuba equipment. Here are some things to consider when purchasing one!
Here are our top picks to keep your coffee addiction strong even when out in the backcountry for multiple days.
Here’s how to hike Oregon’s tallest, non-technical mountain, South Sister…
One of the drawing cards to backpacking is the way life can be stripped back to important basics. Here are 10 ways to trim down those backpack kilos and take the weight literally + figuratively off your shoulders.
It is amazing how much of a morale booster a hot meal in front of the campfire can be. If you’re stumped for camp-friendly hot meal ideas, here are 5 great options for your next adventure.
The thought of heading out into the bush or mountains alone is very uncomfortable for many but for me, there isn’t much else that makes me feel as ALIVE, as comfortable in my own skin and as resilient. Of course, I didn’t get here overnight and I have so much further to go. Here are my stepping stones to solo hiking.