Pan Fried Gnocchi
Prep Time: 45 mins to prepare at camp.
Serves : 1
Packed weight: 145g (does not include cheese or olive oil)
- 2 tsp powdered milk
- 1/2 tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup deb potato (instant potato flakes)
- 3/4 tbsp. powdered egg
- 35g plain flour (just under 1/4 cup)
- 1 handful (about 20g) dehydrated veggies (e.g. pumpkin, capsicum, mushroom, onion)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried garlic
- Pinch of salt
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Olive oil for frying
Pre Prep at Home
- Pack milk, butter, deb potato separately.
- Pack powdered egg and flour together.
- Pack veggies, oregano and garlic together.
- Pack other ingredients separately.
What To Do At Camp
- Rehydrate veggies in bag and set aside.
- Make up powdered milk to 1/4 cup milk.
- Boil milk and butter over low heat.
- Add potato flakes while stirring (the result should be a very dry potato mixture that has a crumbly texture). Set aside to cool.
- Once the potato mixture is cool enough to touch, combine the flour/powdered eggs and potatoes.
- Knead until the dough comes together.
- Pull small sections of dough off and roll in hands into gnocchi sized balls.
- Boil 2 cups of water and salt to taste.
- Add gnocchi to the boiling water, and cover with the lid.
- Cook for 2 mins with lid on and gnocchi will rise to the top and be cooked.
- Skim them off the top of the water and then fry in frypan with other ingredients.
- Serve sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese.
Follow more delicious camping recipes from Claire on : www.addictedtohiking.com.au
“Since 1966, we have viewed walls not as obstacles, but as opportunities. We believe in a world that is united by difference, bound by empathy and strengthened by understanding.” Celebrate Global Climbing Day with The North Face.
Three gals and one guy hatched a plan for an adventure, one that didn’t require plane tickets or passports, but would encompass the wonders of……..HOME. And so off they went to travel the length of Wales, covering over 400 kilometres in 21 days, all on foot and in one-man inflatable pack rafts!
XTM Performance’s Layla Snow Bib Pants - where style meets fit meets functionality meets comfort. And your chance to win an XTM Performance snow outerwear prize pack!
It normally takes 5 months for someone to complete New Zealand’s 3,000-kilometre Te Araroa trail…but Lucy Clark is striving to run it in under 70 days, becoming the fastest Aussie woman to complete it!
Ultra Trail Australia or UTA is basically a massive trail running party, held over 4 days in the Blue Mountains. You can sign up for either the 11, 22, 50 or 100 kilometre course. It may seem extreme but Joanne Woutersz went from hiking to trail running to ULTRA trail running in less than six months and here’s her story…
Ski touring is the activity of walking (also called skinning) uphill on skis, often away from the main ski resort area, and then skiing downhill off piste. It allows you to spend a day in the mountains with constantly changing scenery and often never covering the same ground twice. Here’s how to get started.
Finding outdoor gear for your little one involves jumping headfirst down as deep a rabbit hole as selecting gear for yourself. Even though they are, like, a third of your size. We’re here to make it easier with a list of our favourite layers, outerwear and backpacks!
Rain jackets are notoriously uncomfortable and unflattering…but in comes the Patagonia Recycled Rainwear Collection which feature rain jackets that are not only supple, designed with a clean silhouette and high-performing, but are also made of unique recycled materials.
Bouldering is one of the best full body anaerobic plus aerobic workouts you can get…and it’s FUN. Here’s how to get started, thanks to Sarah Josephsen from Climb Fit, one of Sydney’s most loved climbing gyms!
Frequently spoken about as one of the best dive sites in the world, Sipadan is likely to end up on your scuba bucket list! However, due to political turmoil, travel to Sipadan is advised against. So is it worth the risk?