2016's Best Rock Climbing Equipment for Women
THE BEST NEW ROCK CLIMBING EQUIPMENT FOR WOMEN
We caught up with Steve from Climbing Anchors who shared his female customers favourite climbing gear. This favourite five (ok, maybe six) will see you through for some firm fingered fun! Be sure to let us know how you go in the comments section below!
1. E9 Lulu Jeans
Sleek and slim fitting, these E9 Lulu bouldering jeans look awesome. Made from tough cotton with lots of stretch these bouldering jeans will do the job both out at the crag and at the climbing wall.
FEATURES OF THE E9 Lulu WOMENS CLIMBING PANTS:
- 98% Cotton 2% Elastane
- 2 Front Pockets
- waistband with elastic insert
- Loop for bouldering brush
- Drawstring at ankle hems
- Slim fitting
2. PETZL ELIA HELMET
Rugged, comfortable and versatile helmet for women
The ELIA helmet was designed and developed to respond specifically to the needs of women. The innovative OMEGA headband system (Petzl patent) allows the helmet to be put on and removed easily and offers maximum comfort. This feature also includes a new headband and webbing adjustment mechanism. It allows the helmet to be precisely adjusted for different head shapes.
- Comfortable on the head:
- Adjusts to head shape: simple, quick headband adjustment while helmet is worn, thanks to two easily accessible adjustment buttons on the outer shell
- Designed to offer maximum durability and versatility:
- lightweight, durable shell of injection molded ABS
- helmet suitable for climbing, ice climbing, mountaineering, caving, via ferrata...
- Adapts easily to the activity:
- headlamp can be attached using the four integrated clips
- Compatible with the VIZION eye shield
3. CAMP SUPERNOVA HARNESS
A harness conceived by women, designed by women, and built for women. The Supernova started as a conceptual lightweight harness for high-end sport climbing, but proved so comfortable it became the ideal all-arounder. Modified edge-load construction offers the best support-to-weight ratio, especially over time where the unique construction prevents the kind of cupping and contorting typical of other edge-load harnesses. The thin padding, profiled cut, and modified rise eliminate the pressure points commonly noticed by women while the strong materials and construction truly make the Supernova ready for any kind of climbing; from high-end sport climbing to big, bad trad.
- Designed by women, for women
- Superlight & low-profile 3 mm EVA foam padding
- Modified Edge-Load Construction on the waist and leg loops for maximum support
- Pre-Threaded Buckles on the waist and legs
- Patented No-Twist belay loop
- 4 webbing reinforced gear loops and haul loop
- Patented Flat-Link elastic straps with drop seat
- Hub racking biner compatible
4. BUTORA ACRO & EVOLV ELEKTRA CLIMBING SHOES
The best choice is not having to choose between comfort and performance.
The Butora Acro is a the comfortable aggression you have been searching for that gives you both. is an aggressively down-cambered shoe, designed for steep sport climbing and bouldering. This shoe has taken even the smallest details into consideration, because sometimes that's the difference between failing and sending.
- A high-tensioned heel rand brings power to the front toe for superior edging
- Butora's signature triple fork hook and loop strap gives you the convenience of a slipper with the security and custom fit of a lace-up shoe
- Toe hooking capability without adding an excessive amount of rubber.
- 100% butyl Butora F5 rubber sole.
- Wide velcro strap and triple fork system for a custom fit.
- Moisture wicking German split-leather footbed for comfort.
- 3D Injection molded midsole for a perfect fit
- Nylon mesh tung with silicone sponge inside for more comfort.
Evolvs top selling women’s shoe just got better. The Elektra VTR has all the same great features as the original Elektra plus more. A low volume toe box, arch, and heel provides optimum performance without forfeiting any comfort.
- VTR3D rand system
- Very comfortable design and soft midsole
- Quilted nylon lining has a bedroom slipper feel
- Great for gym climbing, light sport, and bouldering
- Medium perforated upper for added breathability
- Molded logo on heel rand
5. BLACK DIAMOND POSIWIRE QUICKPACK
With six versatile PosiWire draws in one convenient pack, the PosiWire Quickpack is ready for any climbing adventure.
The Black Diamond PosiWire Quickpack gives you six of our PosiWire quickdraws that combine the smooth clipping and cleaning of the Positron carabiner with the light weight and multi-purpose function of our HotWire carabiner.
- Positron on top and HotWire on bottom
- HotWire's wiregate eliminates gate flutter and won't freeze up
- Positron's keylock nose eases clipping and cleaning
- 18 mm (.6 in) Dynex dogbone is light, durable and easy to grab
- Straitjacket insert keeps bottom carabiner properly oriented